Instant Pot Almondmilk Yogurt
- Serves: 8 servings
- Prep time: 10 hrs., 15 min.
- Cook time: 24 hrs.
- 3 1/4 cups of Ajoyo Vanilla Almondmilk
- 4 teaspoons of powdered agar agar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vegan yogurt starter (found on Amazon)
- Turn Instant Pot on by pressing the Yogurt button. Use this function and continue pressing until it reads “Boil.”
- Pour Ajoyo Vanilla Almondmilk into the Instant Pot. Add the agar agar. Whisk to mix well.
- Use a cooking or candy thermometer to watch the temperature of the mixture. Wait until the temperature reaches between 110 – 115 degrees fahrenheit (this will only take a few minutes).
- Once the temperature is reached, turn the Instant Pot off.
- Use a mesh strainer lined with a cheesecloth to strain the mixture into a bowl.
- Add the vegan yogurt starter to the mixture. Whisk until combined.
- Pour the mixture back into the Instant Pot and close the lid to start the incubation period.
- Press the Yogurt function, set pressure to “normal,” and set time to 24:00 (hours).
- After 24 hours of incubation, remove the mixture from the Instant Pot and place in a covered container in the refrigerator for 10 hours.
- Once the yogurt has sat refrigerated for 10 hours, mix the yogurt to combine (some will have settled). Sweeten to your taste (I prefer honey and almonds).